Monday, December 26, 2011

Bugle Bracelet #2

Made a green version of the bugle bracelet. This particular stitch is definitely one of my favorites now. But I have to say that the bugle beads have to be 6mm. Or, alternatively, if longer bugle beads are used, more seed beads should be added to the round as well. This compensates for that.

I used bead caps again at the ends. To reinforce the bead caps and prevent them from moving out of place, I sewed through the flutings of the bead caps and through the beads underneath to fix them in place.

Not sure if you can see here how I fixed the bead caps. I also don't have a crimping plier (not locally available and I don't use it too often) so when I flattened out my crimp bead, I filed the corners just to get rid of the sharp edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment