Sunday, December 25, 2011

Bugle Bracelet

Been busy the past few weeks and I haven't been able to make anything. Started again last night and finished this Bugle Bracelet today.

It's from a pattern from Bead and Button Magazine October 2011 called "Russian Wraparound" by Carolyn Cave.

I decided to use two colors for the round size 11 seed beads instead of three.

I'm using 6mm twisted bugle beads.

The bracelet is done in a Russian spiral and is fairly easy to understand once you get the pattern. It also works up quite quickly and it's very pretty. It's now one of my favorite spiral stitches.

Here is the finished bracelet. I placed bead caps at the ends, and I ran flexible wire through the middle of the bracelet so I can crimp the ends. Then I used jump rings to attach the clasp, which in this case is a toggle.

13 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of "spirals" - they tend to be a bit too chunky for me - but your bracelet is beautiful, and the colour scheme works brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where would I find a pattern for this type of stitch? I really like this bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work and colors. I really like this spiral, will have to try it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love it, have to find the magazine in my pile!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this in the magazine but it is more beautiful in your version; Now I am convinced to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everyone so sorry for my late reaction. I haven't been logging into this blog for a while now. Thanks so much for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found the pattern for this in the October 2011 Bead and Button issue. It's called the Russian Wraparound.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this bracelet. Would you share the size/types of beads you used, please?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! I used 6mm twisted bugle beads, blue size 11 Japanese seed beads, size 11 clear/luster Japanese seed beads for the center row, and the gold accents are size 15 seed beads. All of these beads I got at a local craft supply store where they were already sold in small repacked baggies, so I have no idea what brand they were. I just assumed they were Japanese seed beads because the quality was much better than the usual Chinese seed beads more readily available here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your color choices. Beautifully done

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi
    I'm curious as to why you put the wire through to crimp? Does this help secure the beads better? I have done a few of these types with the help of a patten and never heard of putting wire through it.
    Thanks ahead of time.
    Your bracelet is is gorgeous, the colors are perfect choice for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thanks! I put a wire through because I wanted to use bead caps and somehow the wire made that closure feel sturdier. The bead caps hide the spiral edge, which tends to end abruptly no matter how I do it! Then I would still run the thread through the bead cap itself back through the beads a few times to make sure it doesn't move around. :-)

      Delete