Saturday, November 5, 2011

Emerald Bezel Earrings

Next project - tricky faceted emeralds. The back part is more domed than the front, and is also faceted. Not sure then if you can call them cabochons.

Started out with Delica cylinders in gunmetal color with black size 15s. The client requested black.

Not content yet, I added another layer of edge beads, I chose metallic dark purple 15s for this.

Then I made a loop and placed a 2mm Czech fire polished round for a bit of contrast.

Then decided to add 15s in another layer around the bezel but not at the edge as I didn't want the visible surface are of the emerald to get smaller. The 15s are in a color similar to the Czech round.

I think it looks much better now. The client wanted it simple and elegant so I hope the extra touch of the 15s tied in with the Czech rounds to give it visual unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment