Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Rivoli Twist Bracelet

Still in flashback mode.

The next project I did back in June was Carolyn Cave's Rivoli Twist bracelet from the August 2010 issue of Bead and Button Magazine.

After doing crossweave I wanted something different and had just gotten my new stash from Fusionbeads.com so I was excited to get started. I didn't get rivolis though so I decided to just make the bracelet version, so it's a Rivoli Twist without the rivoli. :)

The first twist in a series of seven. The curve is formed by the change in the size of the beads used. 6mm Swarovski bicones became the "intersection" of the twists. Clever design by Carolyn Cave.

At this point I thought of making a beaded toggle clasp instead, as I didn't have an elaborate one.

The finished bracelet. I had to adjust the toggle clasp a few times as the bracelet ended up being a bit too long and would slide right off my wrist. It worked out nicely when it was done.

I looved the 2mm Swarovski round crystals. They aren't available locally so I had to get them from Fusionbeads as well.

1 comment: