Saturday, November 26, 2011

Tube bracelet finished

Been down with the flu for the past few days. Felt better today so I decided to finish this tube bracelet as it seems to be taking me so long already.

So I added "tube parts" to the rest of the components so that each component in the "spine" now had a "tube part."

It now kinda looks like a solid tube this way.

At this point I was already improvising and wasn't referring to the pattern anymore.

The next thing I did was to close up one end.

To close this end I added thread so that I came out of the green bead and made another component to join with the other one on the opposite side.

This is the loop end of the beaded toggle clasp.

This is how it looks from the side.

Now before I can close the other end I have to fill the tube with the cherry quartz beads strung on flexible wire. I pulled it tight on the end that was already closed.

When I did this, the bracelet itself had to be clasped. If it was strung while the bracelet was straight and then closed up on the other end, you wouldn't be able to bend the bracelet around your wrist.

Here I saw that I lacked a cherry quartz bead at the end so I added one more.

I closed up the other end by using crimp beads, snipping off the wire and slipping it back through the last cherry bead on both ends. I made sure that everything was nice and snug. The bracelet still has to be clasped when closing the other end and crimping both ends.

The finished bracelet.

I actually added one more loop to the loop side of the clasp so that it could be worn looser. I made this for an 8-year old but the second loop will ensure that she can wear it even when she's a bit older.

No comments:

Post a Comment