Monday, November 7, 2011

Galaxy Bead

Starting on a new project. I made a twisted herringbone rope a few weeks ago and now I'm going to make a focal bead for it.

I chose Gill Stone's Galaxy Bead from Bead and Button February 2011.

In the article it said that Gill Stone was killed in a motorcycle accident while she and her husband were in Germany. So tragic.

Finished three parts of the bead, five more to go. I chose size 8 round seed beads for the center instead of the 4mm bicones called for in the pattern because somehow I couldn't get 4mm crystals to fit. I think it looks okay.

This is the herringbone necklace. I used size 10 clear hex beads with AB finish, so I'm matching the Galaxy Bead by using white rainbow finish Delicas and the same color beads I used as accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment