Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cabochon Bezel Ring

I got a request today to make a quick cabochon bezel ring. So I set aside the Pearl Orbit project for the meantime to work on the ring.

The stone is oval, around 8mm x 12mm. It's such a stunning stone. It has these little light refractions similar to Tiger's Eye, but it crisscrosses in two directions and only at a certain angle to light. It's pretty special.

The cabochon belongs to my client. She said it's just lying around and she was reluctant to have it set in silver and wanted something different.

I started working on the bezel itself a couple of hours ago, and I used size 11 Delica cylinders. I used size 15 rocailles for the reducers and size 13 Charlottes for the embellishment. I didn't want to overdo the embellishment because I didn't want to distract too much from the beauty of the cabochon and wanted to make it my focus.

I was thinking of making a flat herringbone for the band but decided that peyote flows more smoothly and therefore will be sturdier because everything fits together nicely. Will continue the band tomorrow.

The picture can't capture the beauty of the stone well enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment