Saturday, October 22, 2011

Combination Peyote and Right Angle Weave

I just realized that I'm also a newbie blogger so I'm still getting the hang of this.

Today I made a ring based on the pattern entitled Creative Connections as designed by Antonio Calles from the Bead and Button February 2010 issue.

I started out intending to make the bracelet, but when I saw that six of the small components could close and fit my ring finger, I turned it into a ring.

Initially I placed three elongated crystals in the center, but decided to rearrange them after some prodding from my boyfriend. He has some great suggestions sometimes.

I just had to reinforce the components with additional seed beads to make the connections sturdier.

Plan to make earrings to match.
First version of the ring. The individual components are only joined by a single bead.
Crystals rearranged. I think it does look better.

No comments:

Post a Comment