Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pearl Orbit

Fast forward to today. Started on a new pattern from Your Bead Style called Pearl Orbit. It's by Laura McCabe. I love her work, especially the Art Deco-inspired ones. Very structured.

Rummaged through my stash and decided to go with black pearls and rondelle crystals.

I don't have 15/o Charlottes, Czech or Japanese, so I attempted to make 13/o's work and I think they do so far for the peyote rings. I had to adjust my tension though. The first ring was a bi too tight, and considering I was using bigger beads for the clincher instead of the tiny 15's, I had to loosen up a bit Got the tension right with the second ring and so far I've only finished two rings.

I know they always say that you have to read a pattern through before you actually start, but I just scan everything then go right to the materials list. So I'm not sure if the 13s will be fine with the rest of the project. I sure hope so. I don't want to have to order it online and wait three weeks for it to arrive before I can continue something when I've already started.

More tomorrow.

The one on the left has tighter tension. The one on the right is a bit looser and I think it looks better.

No comments:

Post a Comment