Sunday, October 23, 2011

Swarovski Fan Necklace and Earrings

My next project was the Swarovski necklace and earrings set on the cover of Bead and Button Magazine. I ordered the curved bar links from jjbead.com, the one specified in the resources page of the magazine issue. I did look around other online bead stores but only jjbead had the size that I needed for the necklace and earrings.

Also, since I was just beginning to follow patterns, I had to make sure I used only the materials listed or it might not turn out the same way and I had no way of fixing it.

I was able to buy the Swarovski bicones from a local bead shop, both 4mm and 3mm. I couldn't wait to get started!

And the magazine was right. It was a quick project and it was very pretty. It uses a crossweave technique and the curved bar links made it even more elegant.

No comments:

Post a Comment